The Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine is a membership organization of academic health centers and hospital and health care systems throughout North America, to collectively influence the principals and practice of integrative medicine and health.
Our mission is to advance the field of integrative medicine through collaborative work in the areas of research, education, clinical care, and policy. Among other activities, the Consortium convenes meetings and conferences that attract increasing numbers of participants, such as the premier International Research Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (IRCIMH.org).
• Support and mentor academic leaders, faculty, and students to advance integrative healthcare curricula, research, and clinical care.
• Disseminate information on rigorous scientific research, educational curricula in integrative health and sustainable models of clinical care.
• Inform health care policy.
The Consortium also sponsors special programs such as the Leadership and Education Program for Students in Integrative Medicine (LEAPS into IM), which provides a weeklong experiential training opportunity for medical students to gain exposure to integrative health modalities and build relationships with faculty and peer mentors.
The Consortium, which now has 60 member institutions, celebrates almost 15-year history that has advanced the principles and practices of integrative healthcare within our health care system. With our membership growing every year and our conferences attracting an increased number of participants from around the world, the Consortium has demonstrated its valuable and strategic position in the healthcare landscape.
Friends of the Consortium
The Friends of the Consortium support has helped sustain and grow the Consortium’s commitment to this important mission.
As a Friend of the Consortium you will have an opportunity to connect with leaders in the integrative healthcare field and to make a positive impact on the strength of the Consortium, keeping it vibrant for the future. All contributions are welcome and help towards moving the cause forward.
For example, Friends of the Consortium support can make a difference by:
• $50 donation covers the distribution cost for one issue of the regularly disseminated newsletter by the Consortium to share job postings and cutting edge research publications for integrative medicine.
• $100 donation covers the cost of one CME credit for integrative medicine workshops for one participant.
• $1000 donation allows for one medical student to attend an integrative medicine conference that will help transform their approach and practice of medicine.
• $50,000 donation allows for collaboration among Consortium members institutions to conduct a research study across academic institutions for integrative medicine.
For additional information, please contact us.