The mission of the Consortium is to advance the principles and practices of integrative healthcare within academic institutions. The Consortium provides its institutional membership with a community of support for their academic missions and a collective voice for influencing change.
- Support and mentor academic leaders, faculty, and students to advance integrative healthcare curricula, research, and clinical care.
- Disseminate information on rigorous scientific research, educational curricula in integrative health and sustainable models of clinical care.
- Inform health care policy.
Every individual has the right to healthcare that:
- Provides dignity and respect
- Includes a caring therapeutic relationship
- Honors the whole person - mind, body, and spirit
- Recognizes the innate capacity to heal
- Offers choices for complementary and conventional therapies